Selling Worldwide with Surrey Auctions.
Here at Surrey Auctions we make selling your items a painless experience.
Our panel of experts will value your items with the view of getting you the highest price at auction. Our buyers are worldwide & we market your item(s) to them via our internet platforms.
We will sell your item(s) for 0% commission with no additional charges & we aim to pay within 7 days
Below is an example of the selling process
Our Auctioneers will value your item/s at a price they know will sell at auction.
We do not inflated valuations, you want the item to sell so do we.
At our last auction we sold over 89% of all lots.
Once you have agreed to consign your item with us we will fill out a consignment form with you, which is proof of the condition of your item, confirms the auctioneer’s valuation, reserve price if there is one & an estimate price.
Once your item reaches our salesroom a catalogue description, together with a pre-sale estimate is prepared.
This will include essential information such as size, shape & expected price range, in some cases our valuer may also undertake research & seek the opinions of an acknowledged expert in the field.
As the sale day approaches each item is given a lot number and prepared for auction.
Important information for Sellers
- Collection: Free of charge.
- Insurance: We cover your item(s) for loss or damage during transportation, handling & storage.
- Lot Fee: We do not charge a lot fee.
- Reserve: The agreed price, below which the auctioneer will not sell the lot.
- Other Charges: There are no charges.
- Sellers Commission: 0%
- Payment: Surrey Auctions aims to forward payment within 7 days of the sale subject to being paid by the buyer.
- Advertising: Publicity is the lifeblood of our auction. We advertise & market our sales worldwide using international auction platforms. With specific pieces we have a directory of collectors that we contact directly.
Our auctioneers will provide a condition report for potential buyers upon request. They are free of charge.
Increasingly auctioneers are offering yet another way to bid, and one which is becoming more popular as buyers come to appreciate its appeal. Therefore all of our auctions will be on line.
Online bidding allows you to follow an auction as it is happening via the internet and bid in real time against those in the room or on the telephone. To participate in this way you need to register your details before the sale just as you would at the saleroom.
Typically, the lot being sold will be shown on screen with the level of bidding displayed alongside. For the internet bidder it is then simply a matter of clicking on the mouse to register a bid.
Most Internet platforms will usually charge a fee for using this service so please check before bidding.